The Salt Flats Department X team is expanding and looking for an Industrial Designer on a contract basis. This person will be critical in exploration and experimentation of multiple prototypes. He/she will work alongside other engineers and the Department X team for the duration of the project, and possibly beyond.
- Consult with clients to determine requirements for designs
- Research the various ways a particular product might be used, who will use it
- Sketch out ideas or create renderings, which are images on paper or on a computer that provides better visual of design ideas
- Use CAD software to develop virtual models of different designs
- Create physical prototypes of their design
- Examine materials and manufacturing requirements to determine production cost
- Work with engineers and prototypers to evaluate whether their design concepts will fill needs at a reasonable cost
- Evaluate product safety, appearance, and function to determine if design is practical
- Present designs and demonstrate prototypes to clients for approval
For more information and to apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.